Blue Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Friends on The Road

Go down

New Friends on The Road Empty New Friends on The Road

Post  mrdesmond Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Chet Desmond finally stumbled out of the woods and found himself standing on a deserted highway. It was good to finally be out of the cold woods to a large free space. He looked up to the sky. It was dawn already. Something in his head was telling him to check out the time, but he couldn't find any watch on him. He was still feeling a little cold, those woods were extremely cold and wet.
He suddenly saw a car approaching. He stood in the middle of the highway, seeing the car become bigger and bigger on his view. "That's the only way they'll see me. They'll have to stop". The thought just popped inside his head. It was like someone else doing his thinking for him.
The car stopped. He could see thru the windshield a couple of youths. The boy was driving, and there was a girl seating next to him. They were giggling and looking amazed to his figure in the middle of the road. "They're probably about 17, 18, and they're both high". He didn't know how he could know that just taking a look at them, but he just did. It was automatic.
"Hey dude! Need a ride?", the boy said in a sarcastic tone, and the girl next to him started to giggle like a silly little girl. Something about that giggle irritated him. It was like he had heard that giggle before, but he couldn't remember the girl. He never had saw her in his entire life, he thought.
He didn't know exactly what to say, what to ask. He was looking for someone he could make questions, but now he couldn't decide what to ask. "They're both high, they can't help you. They don't even know where they are". His mind was talking to him again. It was like a part of his brain he had no control doing his thinking for him. He was so confused that it was scary.
"Where am I?", Chet just asked.
"You're standing in a highway sweetheart. Now get moving, we need to go", the girl said, still giggling.
"I think this dude needs some kind of help", the boy said.
"Ok, let's help him", the girl said giggling, and they both started to laugh like two crazy persons.
"I'm fine", Chet just said, "I just need to know where I am". He was far from being fine. He didn't know where he was, how he ended up being there, and who he was. But something inside him was making him calm.
"You heard him, he's fine. Let's go!", the girl said, a little impatient now.
"Can you get out of the way dude? I'll run over you if I have to. I'm not kidding".
Of course he wouldn't. He didn't knew how but Chet could tell that boy wouldn't run over someone, not even if that someone would be pointing a gun to his girlfriend's head. Chet just moved away from the car and let the passage free to them. He wouldn't be getting nowhere with these two anyway.
Suddenly, the boy just threw him a bottle of beer. Chet instinctively grabbed it in the air.
"Nice movements dude. There, get loaded", he said that and the car just drove off. Chet could still hear the girl's complaints from inside the car "Hey! Don't you give him my beer!". Then, the car was gone.
Chet looked at the bottle of beer in his hand. "Don't drink it", he thought. He just put the bottle on the side of the road and started walking in the same direction the car had disappeared out of view. "I must be from around here, as soon as I see something familiar, things will start to get clear in my head".
He passed a road sign that said "Welcome To Twin Peaks". That name wouldn't bring anything to his head. He didn't know that town's name, but just kept walking.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum